YOUR BAG (0)
- MCM stands for Modern Creation München
- MCM was founded in 1976 in Munich, Germany
- MCM grew with a cultural renaissance during the 1970s in Munich
- Munich in the 1970’s was considered the home of the global jet-set
- Munich in the 1970’s continues to inspire the glamorous, rebellious and innovative spirit of MCM to the present day
- MCM prides itself on using the finest quality leathers and materials
- MCM’s craft is rooted in its heritage of excellence in luggage
- MCM products are now designed and manufactured in Italy, Germany and Korea
- MCM manufactures superior quality bags and accessories that are stylish, functional and innovative in both material and design
- The MCM Logo has come to represent unparalleled craftsmanship
- The letters MCM represent the date 1900 in Roman numerals
- The 1900’s were considered the start of ‘age of travel’
- The MCM spirit is about the continuation of the age of travel in the jet set of the 1970s and the global nomads of the modern day
- The MCM laurel wreath is a symbol of achievement with honor – a symbol of tradition and ambition for progress.
- The MCM diamond pattern used in the monogram is borrowed from an ancient French playing card, symbolizing value, strength, and the respect for tradition.
MONOGRAM & BRASS PLATE
- Cognac Visetos is MCM’s heritage monogram material
- Brass plate insignia is found on all heritage collection bags, and most products
- Each brass plate is identified by a unique number at the bottom
- All four screws around the brass plate are placed facing inwards towards the logo
- MCM customers are cosmopolitan professionals who appreciate the essence of luxury
- Seek quality products without compromise in functionality or style
- Confident, independent and sophisticated connoisseurs who are curious for the new, and strive for perfection
- MCM evokes timeless luxury through unconventional creativity, rebellious designs and unexpected styles
- It’s roots lie in the respected artisan skills of German craftsmanship.
- MCM’s concept and vision are constantly being redefined by modern lifestyle and by the pragmatic needs of its future customers.
- MCM is renowned for excellence in European craftsmanship, owing to a heritage of mastery and refinery in workmanship design, leading strong trends with unconventionally stylish designs.
OVER 35 COUNTRIES. OVER 300 STORES.
MCM flagship boutiques are located in:
- Wholesale distribution to more than 200 prestigious retailers in 35 countries including US, UK, China, Dubai, Italy and Germany
- MCM corporate offices are located in New York, London, Hong Kong, Seoul, Munich, Milan and Zurich
- MCM launched global e-commerce in February 2015, starting in the US and expanding to all regions by 2018